Hands on Cloud Privacy Consultancy!
Many organisations have adopted a Cloud-First strategy because there are many benefits to cloud adoption. For instance; it allows businesses to choose and utilise a cloud provider, platform or hosted service instead of building their own costly IT infrastructure. This brings many benefits such as cost reduction, scalability and availability.
However, as there are many different types of cloud services and platforms, there are many considerations and sometimes help is needed to be compliant with laws and legislation such as the GDPR and the CCPA as well as satisfying your business needs. The terms of many cloud contracts leave little room for negotiation and there are responsibilities that are either shared between the provider and the customer or are the sole responsibility of the customer. If you are not aware of this or the implications, you may be in breach of security and privacy legislation such as the GDPR and could be exposed to reputational and financial risks without knowing it.
How Excis can Help
Excis are Cloud, Privacy and Security experts and have many years of expertise helping both cloud providers and cloud consumers. We can provide cloud contract, privacy, security, audit and reviews to ensure that the cloud services you seek or obtain meet regulatory requirements as well as your business specific needs. We can help you to reduce risks and exposure that may affect your organisation from a engaging a cloud provider or signing a supplier contract.
Excis are currently one of the only organisations in the EU who are specialists in cloud privacy and auditing. We are one of the very few companies that have certified audit leads who can audit cloud security, privacy and legal terms, obtaining our customers CSA PLA CoC certification for GDPR compliance. We are registered partners with the Cloud Security Alliance and as a result, are at the leading edge of cloud technology, security, privacy and compliance. This means that we can assess cloud platforms against the GDPR as well as other privacy legislation for compliance and can quickly identify gaps so your risks can be managed and mitigated.
The Benefits Realised
- Ensure that your contacts and cloud service are GDPR / privacy / applicable law compliant,
- Be able to minimise and mitigate the risk of your critical data being leaked from your cloud environment,
- Get full control of your user data and access to and in the cloud,
- Enhance privacy by identifying gaps in any contract or cloud privacy offering, highlighting key privacy requirements and ways to manage them cost effectively and efficiently,
- Provide insights for your overall information security and privacy posture to your suppliers, customers and any regulator,
- Comply with recognised industry privacy and security measures, enhancing your reputation and protecting your legal position,
- Improve your reliability and availability of systems and data and be able to deal with any privacy related matters such as subject access requests or international data transfer.
The Excis Approach
The Excis Approach starts with an understanding of your needs. For example, you may be a regular cloud user but would like an assessment of both the privacy and security of one or more suppliers. You may be new to the cloud and need to assess adoption risks, migration, contract discovery and implementation of privacy and security. We also provide regular compliance audits and assessments to assure ongoing privacy and security solutions. We work with both providers and users of cloud services so can help in assuring products as well as capabilities.
Our assessments also extend beyond the cloud to records management, service and support and capabilities. This means that our approach is both supplier and service orientated, and it covers the full data lifecycle. The benefits of this approach are that it assures full compliance with everything that touches the cloud services you use or provide. While assessing, Excis use several tools and techniques based upon best industry practice. This includes assessments against frameworks, standards and leg'slation as well as underlying controls. Examples include:
- Cyber Security Essentials (CSE)
- ISO 27001 Information Security Standard
- ISO 27018 Code of Practice for Protection of PII in Public Clouds
- Center for Internet Security Controls (CIS)
- National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST)
- Cloud Security Alliance guidelines such as the CCM, CAIQ and Privacy PLA
- National Cyber Security Centre (NCSC)
When you engage with Excis, we will explain our processes and approach. Typically, we can determine your needs and guide you through your journey starting with an initial risk assessment. We will identify key issues, provide expert advice and recommendations to address any issues that you may face and will agree any implementation needs, deliverables or outcomes. We aim to be efficient and to bring you the maximum benefits with the least impact to your business.
Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0) 1622 926 312 for more information.
YOU MAY ALSO BE INTERESTED IN:
- Excis Cloud Security Audit Services
- Excis Other Cloud Services
- Excis Contract Review Service (Cloud, GDPR etc contracts)
- Excis Cloud Privacy Training
- Excis DPO Services
Copyright 2020, Excis Networks Limited